It seems like everyone is looking for the next “easy ” diet. Unfortunately, the only way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise! I do have a few tips to help you boost your metabolism that are very simple!
1. Start with a good breakfast. I know, you aren’t the breakfast type, but it’s important as you have been fasting for hours!
2. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. Everyone has heard that before, but it keeps your blood sugars level and keeps your body nourished on a consistent basis.
3. Drink cold water. Yes, you do need to drink water, half of your body weight in ounces as a matter of fact! Drinking it cold actually forces the body to warm up to keep your internal body temperature at a nice comfy 98.7 degrees, and that burns calories!
4. Work at a desk? Get up every couple of hours and stretch then take a walk! Around your building, up and down a flight of stairs, anything to get your blood flowing!
5. Add an exercise program! Even if you just take a walk every day for 20 minutes at a pace that is quick and sustained, it WILL help!
6. Don’t eat foods that are pre-made (even something like Lean Quisine), don’t eat sugar, toss the soda, and give up fried foods. Number 6 seems the hardest, but eating healthy will give you more energy to take that walk around the block!