Body sculpting is also known as weight training, strength training, and resistance training. It’s a muscle-toning class that focuses on building core strength. Most body sculpting classes use exercise bands, resistance bands, and weights to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Once you commit to body sculpting classes, you’ll start to see the end result – newly toned or sculpted muscles. Additionally, increased muscle mass boosts your metabolism, helping you burn more calories when you’re working out. As a result, body sculpting can help you get in shape, tone your body, lose weight, and strengthen your bones and joints.
What’s even better is that body sculpting is easy to do and doesn’t require a lot of equipment.
In this blog post, we’ll cover what to expect during your first body sculpting class, a few tips for beginners, and all the ways you can benefit from body sculpting.
What should I expect from a Body Sculpting Class?
Generally, body sculpting classes involve various low-impact exercises that target your major muscle groups. These classes last for about an hour.
And don’t worry – the instructor will demonstrate how to do the exercises, use the equipment, and even show you how to modify specific activities.
Here’s what you can expect before, during, and after your body sculpting class:
- Before the class: Most body sculpting classes start with a short 5–10 minute warm-up session. You can expect light stretching and some cardiovascular activities at this stage. For example, jumping jacks, shoulder and back stretches, and lunges. These activities ensure your muscles are warmed up. This way, you can avoid pulling a muscle and injuring yourself.
- During the class: Once your muscles are warmed up, you’ll begin some core exercises. These exercises help you strengthen your stomach and back muscles. The exercise equipment you’ll use include exercise mats, stability balls, a sculpting bar, and resistance bands. Arm and leg exercises usually follow the core activities. Here, you’ll do yoga, Pilates, and some weight training.
- After the class: Body sculpting classes usually end with a short cool-down session. Cool-downs involve gentle stretching to prevent cramping and tightness in the muscles.
Tips for Beginners to Total Body sculpting
Here are six tips for beginners to body sculpting:
- It’s crucial to visit your doctor before joining a body sculpting glass. If you’ve been injured or recently had surgery, you’ll need to get your doctor’s advice on doing this sort of exercise program.
- If you have been doing cardio exercises for years but have never signed up for a body sculpting class, you should consider yourself a beginner too.
- Prepare yourself for muscle soreness –after your first body sculpting glass, you will exercise some muscle pain for a few days.
- Use body-weight and dumbbell exercises in all of your workouts.
- Listen to music while doing your body sculpting exercises – this can improve your performance and keep you motivated.
- Stay hydrated before and after your workout. Additionally, you should eat a healthy snack after your workout. This will encourage muscle protein production and promote muscle recovery.
Benefits of a Total Body Sculpt Workout
Here are four benefits of body sculpting:
- It’s fun: It can be challenging to commit to an exercise plan when you feel unmotivated to work out or get to the gym. Fortunately, body sculpting is fun and can spice up your workout week.
- Strengthens your core: Body sculpting is known for stressing the core muscles. As a result, it can help reduce back pain, help women have a more uncomplicated pregnancy, and boosts your body’s balance and stability.
- You can do it at home: Life happens, and sometimes you can’t make it to the gym. Fortunately, you can do body sculpting exercises in the comfort of your home. All you need to do is purchase a bat, dumbbells, and a resistance band. Next, search for body sculpting exercises online, and you’re good to go!
- It’s low-impact: Since body sculpting can be done using resistance bands, an exercise mat, and dumbbells, it’s generally considered a low-impact workout routine. These exercise routines are fantastic for beginners and people who have injuries. Additionally, adding a low-impact workout to your gym week can help muscle recovery.
If you’re ready to discover what is body sculpting, visit the Loggerhead Fitness website today.
We offer beginner and advanced body sculpting classes in a quiet, calm, clean gym by professional instructors.